Your privacy is important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we – Mandarin HQ – collect and make use of personal information.
When accessing our Websites (mandarinhq.com and students.mandarinhq.com) we collect certain data during your visit.
1. What data do we collect?
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and Web server logs to automatically collect general information about how our Web site is used. This may include:
- the date and time of visits;
- the pages viewed;
- time spent at our Web site;
- your IP address;
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
- contact information such as email address;
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone.
Refer to our disclaimer page for more information about our emailing and anti-spam policies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email e.g. newsletters, relevant sequences, and promotional email that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email sent from Mandarin HQ;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our products AND services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
3. How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. Our Data Retention Policy is to keep data only as long as is necessary to provide a service or to you, or as long as is required by law. Should data no longer be required, it is also within our Data Retention Policy to remove data from our systems in a secure and timely manner.
4. How Do We Store and Protect Your Data?
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Working only with third-party companies who also adhere to the EU GDPR;
- Protecting and securing information you submit by employing commercially customary web-based security and encryption protocols, examples of which include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Secure Electronic Transaction (SET);
- Conducting regular malware scanning on our websites;
- Keeping up to date as far as possible with new legislation to ensure We are securing and protecting your data in line with international regulation.
5. Who Do We Share Your Data With?
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
Third parties within our group
Our business practise involves contracting with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of digital products, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. These are the companies we currently contract with:
(mt) Media Temple (Webhosting)
The hosting services we use are for the purpose of providing the following services:
- infrastructure and platform services
- computing capacity, storage and database services
- security and technical maintenance services
- we use to operate this online service
Our hosting provider processes inventory data, contact data, content data, contract data, usage data, meta and communication data of customers, interested parties and visitors to our website or users of our services, on the basis of our legitimate interests in an efficient and secure provision of our website and related services.
Wordpress (Content Management)
We use Wordpress as out Content Management platform. By default WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
Active Campaign (Email Marketing)
Active Campaign is the service we use to deliver the newsletter and other e-mails to subscribers.
The service provider may use the data of the recipients in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assignment to a user, to optimise or improve their own services, e.g. for the technical optimisation of delivering and the presentation of newsletters or for statistical purposes. However, the service provider does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to address them themselves or to pass the data on to third parties.
Thrive Themes (Website builder and lead collector tools)
We use the services of Thrive Themes to build customized web pages and opt-in forms. When submitting your email address via an opt-in form, the submission date and email-address is recorded.
Wistia (Video Hosting)
Wistia hosts all video content for our premium/paid courses. Wistia tracks which videos in our courses you watch and the number of times you watch them.
Disqus (Comment management)
Disqus stores any comments you leave on blog posts on mandarinhq.com.
Easy Digital Downloads (E-commerce)
Easy Digital Downloads is the E-commerce platform we use.
Via Easy Digital Downloads We collect information about you during the checkout process in our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Paypal and Stripe (Payment Processing)
When processing payments, some data will be passed to PayPal or Stripe (depending on which option you choose at checkout). This is information that is required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Learndash (Learning Management)
Learndash is the Learning Management we use for our premium/paid courses. Via Learndash We store customers’course progress, including completion status and quiz scores. We will also store comments on courses, lessons, topics and assignments if you choose to leave them.
Google Analytics and Monster Insights (Website Analytics)
Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
5. How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails or by contacting Us.
6. Your Right to Withhold Information and Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
7. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). You also have the right to have this data deleted should you desire. Please contact Us for more details at angel[at]mandarinhq[dot]com, or using the contact details below.
8. Policy Changes
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or your dealings with our web site, please contact us.
Angel Huang / Mandarin HQ
Copyright 2023 by Mandarin HQ. All Rights Reserved.